In climates where the temperature goes below freezing, you need to prepare your outdoor fountain for the winter. Freezing water can cause cracks in your fountain and ruin your pump. Here are a few tips to keep your fountain safe during the winter.
- The best solution to protect your fountain in the winter is to put your fountain in your garage or storage shed.
- If your fountain cannot be moved indoors, it is recommended that you cover your fountain. Make sure the cover is waterproof.
- Be sure there is no water left in your water fountain.
- If possible, remove the water pump and store it indoors.
These tips can add many years to your garden water fountain.
Here are some other advantages to owning a Solar Fountain:
- They are easy on the environment. They do not use electricity and have no pollutants.
- They can be place anywhere in the yard. They do not have to be confined close to the house or near an electrical outlet.
- They are extremely user-friendly. Set up is simple. You can have your water fountain up and running within minutes.
- They require very little maintenance. Just keep debris out of the pump and add enzyme fountain protector as needed.
Water fountains require very little maintenance. They are easy to set up and can be enjoyed for many years by following a few simple rules. Sometimes fountain water can become contaminated with bacteria, algae, or white scales. This can be prevented by changing the water every few weeks and adding a drop or two of a cleaning product into the water. This will keep the water clean and fresh looking. Using distilled water in your fountain can also prevent build-up.
Pets often can’t resist the taste of fresh water from a water fountain. If you have any pets around you should consider a non-toxic all-natural enzyme product to keep your water clean. Care Free enzymes is a safe choice to use to clean your fountain.